Today’s modern domiciles will normally have a more recent 4 prong power outlet on the wall surface for the dryer to connect into. This will be now the conventional in america and is safer as compared to older 3 prong. So, if you get a somewhat older dryer that nevertheless makes use of the 3 prong cord, you may possibly come across this predicament. What now ?? You’ve got 2 options…
Choice 1 – You can employ a expert electrician to install a fresh 4 prong cord in your dryer. An electrician will often charge around $80 dollars to set up a brand new cord in your dryer. Pro installation will not often through the price of a fresh 4 dryer cord that is prong. A 4 prong 30amp 250v dryer power cord will often cost around $15 to $25 dollars it yourself if you buy. For you to buy the 4 prong dryer cord beforehand if you will be calling an electrician to install the cord, it may be cheaper. This could help save you around $40 bucks according to exactly what the electrician will charge for a power cord that is new.
Choice 2 – The other option would be to get a new 4 prong dryer power cable and set it up your self. For those who have electric experience this work should take around half an hour. Nonetheless we suggest to employ an electrician whenever coping with a predicament similar to this. If making use of a specialist electrician just isn’t possible then continue reading. Yourself, make sure to use a UL Listed 4 prong replacement dryer power supply cord with flanged spade terminals for easy and quick connections if you have to install the new dryer power cord.
To improve the energy cable your self, first watch this video clip to have a sense of what exactly is included. Always power that is disconnect doing virtually any repairs on an appliance!
- Choose the correct dryer energy cable.
- FOR PROTECTION: visit the dryer manufacturer’s internet site in order to find the wiring diagram about how to connect the cable precisely. The replacement cable you purchased might also have a “How To Wire” diagram onto it additionally. The dryer may say on the also straight straight back what color and where in actuality the cables connect.
- Turn the breaker off to your dryer.
- Unplug the dryer cable from power.
- Get access to the dryer by sliding it down very carefully.
- Get behind the dryer and remove the terminal block access panel (small panel with frequently one screw securing it).
- Loosen the screws holding the cable wires regarding the terminal block.
- Detach the old cable cables.
- Loosen the screws regarding the cord stress relief.
- Slip the power that is old out and eliminate entirely.
- Slide the brand new power cord into spot.
- Connect and tighten the power that is new cables from the terminal block properly and according to the manufacturer’s suggestions.
- Tighten the screws from the cable stress relief (in the event that cord that is new a more recent stress relief, usage that certain as opposed to the old one).
- Reinstall the terminal block access panel.
- Plug dryer cable to the wall surface socket for the dryer.
- Switch on the breaker into the dryer.
- Testing the dryer to be certain it runs and gets temperature.
three to four prong cord installation for an electric dryer